Sunday, July 24, 2005

Shame on these two new Peoria bloggers

Heh.

They are called Peoria Crack House and Shame on Peoria. The goal of these two anonymous Blog*Spot sites is to shame the owners of homes where drug dealing is going on, and do the same to the owners of run-down properties.

Names and addresses are included.

I have NOTHING to do with either one. Trust me. But I completely applaud the idea of pointing out the crack houses. It seems to me that if there's crack dealing going out of a house, it's easy to shut down. Just set up a cameras to monitor the activity, arrest the customers four or five blocks away. Nothing closes up business quicker than arresting customers and taking their cars.

My two cents: Hey, if you don't want people to call you a slum lord, don't let your property get in that condition. I used to live right across the street from one of the properties on the crack house site. Nothing anyone did had any effect.

crack, johns, prostitutes, Peoria Police Department

No comments: